Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The days are packed!

Hangzhou, Fabric market, and more!


Last weekend, warren planned a trip for 4 of us to hangzhou, 1 hr outside shanghai. We rose at 5 am to catch our 6:30 standing tickets, luckily were granted seats as the foreigners we are, got breakfast and hit Westlake, hiking, and laying the green grass and dozing under the fluffy cloud sky. It was magnificent! So magnificent that you couldn't open your eyes it was so bright and overwhelming.

Caught dinner with his teacher pals from Eng. first, in a an outdoor alleyway restaurant, and then slept. The next day I left early at 7am to get back to the city for a phone call and pick up things from the fabric market. (jeans and a dress) The jeans are AWEsome!!!! I brought in an old pair, and they measured me, and I had "510" stitched on the back pocket to rep the east bay, of course. The dress.... well, you'll see, I suppose! I'm not totally in love with it, but it looks decent on me. Decent meaning, not super flattering, but nice enough to be seen in public and not be totally ashamed of myself.

This week from then on was packed! Top ten list:

1. Shopping [and visualizing] for our "USA outfits" to wear to the olympics, with Jennica and Timon (hint: think 80's)
2. Dinner at Kathleen's 5 in people's square. [salad dressing]
3. The lighting/thunder storm, and being indoors
4. Adventures with claudia
5. Magnum bars + balconies. nuff said
6. Zero computer problems!
7. The olympics. Phelps last race, and the women's 400 IM
8. lunch for 6 rmb
9. Those taiwanese cold noodles we had by zhongshan park
10. strong friends.


woo. I'm pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment