Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

wake up and smell the.... snow?!

I woke up this morning to be surprised by a white city- everything covered in snow, JUST like the flocked trees in the macy's displays! I was delighted and immediately grabbed my camera to snap some shots.


DO you see it on the thin trees? Every little bit got some snow on it. Fluffy, bright, snow. Ahhh! So magical. This is when I realized that "Walking in a winter wonderland" was not necessarily a Christmas song, so I was still allowed to sing it post-Christmas. yesss. snowman time!

Now something fun. I visit the commodities/trim market seasonally, sometimes for work, sometimes for fun. Ribbons, buttons, overstock, random logo patches, doodads- a plethora of materials to make something great out of. One of the more intriguing overstock items to me are washing labels.


Back in college I had made a stuffed animal sheep out of "100% WOOL" tags, where the tags were the tufts of fur, and had brown legs and face (of wool). So I picked up a mini roll of satin ribbon japanese washing labels as a design challenge for myself. And if you dare join me, I will ship you a few meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment