Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 2: Dinner at Victoria peak


We celebrated our 1st yr anniversary with dinner on Victoria Peak, at a surprise resturant that Timon picked. We had had a conversation earlier that day about foods we wanted to sample during our holiday: comfort western food, adventurous street food, and Dim Sum. Somehow shrimp came up, and the shrimp specialty resturants, which I was quick to endorse. I'm still bewildered how it came up in the conversation so naturally. I love surprises and continually had been trying to guess where he was taking me... we watched fireworks from the waterfront, and hopped on a double decker bus up to the peak. It was a curvy narrow road, brushing against the tree branches, and leaning over the steep side of the mountain. Buses coming the opposite direction were full of passengers, cueing Timon to say "Oh no!" and me to say "Yess!" At the same time. Timon thought full buses meant there were tons of people still up there, whereas I thought the Peak would be cleared out by the time we arrived.


We arrived, and there's a huge line to leave by bus or taxi, but the restaurant was full with no line. We went up three flights of stairs; I kept asking where we were going... and ended up at Bubba Gump!! T had kept the secret well- even after asking me if I had been to Bubba Gump and I had chattered on about it.

View from our table.

No comments:

Post a Comment