Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Oh, internet

The internet has been unusually bad here. Normally you can't get onto facebook or blogs, with occasional blocks to linkedIn and wikipedia. Since last Google anything- docs, gmail, reader have been slowed to an unloadable pace, and I've already begun saving important contact info in my backup, very old yahoo acct that I started in middle school.

At work I've been designing some very adorable kids pretend play items. We received the first round of samples today from factory (they make them, so they can pattern then and quote us the costing) and they came back super cute, with sprinkles and all, but some mismatched color combos! Under no circumstances is Pink ever an acceptable substitute for beige. And its not that they didn't have beige-perhaps they ran out and used pink- but then ran out of pink so they used red??? Back to factory for remake.

My office is at a major intersection- 8 lanes across, 4 lanes in each direction (no parking lane)  Recently they decided to close 4 lanes on one block (leaving 2 lanes in each direction) and have begun a large construction project on that part of the street. They've built pillars and shipping containers already. I'm so curious what will pop up there! That 1 block stretch is now an official funnel-neck. whew. good thing I don't drive!

ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment