Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

It has arrived

I got my first mosquito bite last night. In our 10th floor apt. Summer is officially here. I could feel the heat eminating from the balcony door before I touched it. I stuck my arm outside for my daily temperature check to see my neighbor to my right putting her beizi out the window to dry. We made eye contact while I was still "grasping" the temperature and she gave me the "your crazy look".

I have been waiting all winter for warmth, even though I know summer will be suffocating. I considered this while I headed into the subway- only to find a few hundred extra people breathing the warm underground air on the platform. The usual 5 min interval train hadn't come for some time, and longer we waited the more people came down - packing the platform to the brim.


No comments:

Post a Comment