Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

new friends!

The skies have been REALLY blue. (and yes, it is quite hot here)

We recently got 3 newbies in at the office, one from UK, one from Germany, and one from Pennsylvania. Basically we've got a tidy crew now so its all more interesting- and I have more than 1 person to speak english with at the office.

Its been really cool hearing about everyone's different points of views, the rumors they've heard of China, expectations and experiences leading up to coming here. And alas- China itself.

Last weekend was great! Found out where there's a public pool to use, had a picnic until dark , then hung out and talked the rest of the night. On sunday I heard a beautiful choir, (I took vid, but i imagine it'll take an eternity to upload) but I hiave some cool pics of sightseeing with Claudia, my new roomie.

To get the ligihts to turn on in the apt building it is activated by stomping on the floor. So the minute we get into the hallway or out of the elevator we're jumping up and down trying to turn the lights on. (it totally works, but I wonder what everyone else does)

I've also managed to get about 20 bugbites this past weekend, my whole foot is swollen up b/c i'm allergic so i got some true Shanghainese bug repellent. it comes in a tall thin green glass bottle(looks like a sauce or booze bottle)

No comments:

Post a Comment