Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

photo update!

We JUST got the internet to work here, with the help of a pal. and internet is slow, so I reformatted my pics in groups because doing them individually would take more time than I wanna spend. (iphoto crashed twice already)




Montage 1: The new apt. This my new roomie Claudia, plus a metro station and seaweed. I don't know how the seaweed flakes all stick together, but it makes for a really interesting texture of organic shaped layers. Note the blue kitchen in our apt(an upgrade from the blue bathroom in the last one?), and colored lights in the ceiling.(there's even color changing LEDs in my bathroom.) There is also a ceramic vase in the glass tv case with a scorpian on it that is about the size of a lobster, and even tho its totally ceramic I can't stand to look at it!



Montage 2: Picnic!!!! We've been trying to get a picnic together for sometime now, before its gets too hot. This is about 6pm at zhongshan park, so the sun is nearly done. There's kite flying and some musicians. Prior, we stopped at a public pool where swim caps are required. (HA!) [I used to split mine a lot. I had sooo much hair it'd take forever trying to flip it on] Bottom left is Family United hospital's women's waiting room. It was filled with maternity and breastfeeding literature: I was a little scared that they had sent me to the wrong place... I had a swollen foot! but everythign turned out fine. The waiting room had a few albums out of thank you cards sent by expats who had their babies delivered there!! so cute and amazing! The reason I took this picture was that either side of the waiting room were these frosted glass walls that let in a lot of ambient light, and you could see the blur of people walking past, kinda like when your groggy in the morning. And there's Claudia eating cold noodles at zhongshan park.



Montage 3: Choir at SCF. Their second song was beautiful, but I didn't start video recording til the one after it, and regretted it. I love choirs. To the right: My new closet, with pants rack and really high hangers and little cubbies. I had my suitcase in front of the left side, and struggled hanging up all my clothes on the right side, could barely reach! Finally got myself organized. it smells very very woody, and I fear my clothes and me will start smelling woody- but in a varnishy way. In the red and white stripes is warren, from the UK, and we're all eating fried wonton at a dumpling place! yum! cheap eats. And the last bit is the view from tucker's apt in pudong, 31st floor.


We had a great week and weekend! details latez. peace.

1 comment: