Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

egg custard pudding!

I wanted grilled cheese sandwiches, and ended up with a rather large loaf of bread (27 slices of bread?) and extra eggs and so found a new recipe to use up the ingredients. Being only one person I don't stock up on food b/c I'll never eat all of it, so whatev I buy, I have to have a plan to use it.

As I told Timon(who won't go to the store more than he must) "You can't stock up on perishables. Because they perish," (Cereal doesn't go bad fast. Bread and fruit do)

Ingredients:

* 4 eggs, slightly beaten
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 3 cups milk, heated
* 7 slices white bread, crusts removed
* 1/2 t. cinnamon

Prep:
Cut bread in small pieces and put into baking dish. (I de-crusted mine, but it all turns to mush anyhow) Then whip up them eggs with vanilla, salt, cinammon,and sugar. Heat the milk right before simmering, then take it off the stove and stir in the egg mixture then pour it over the bread. and push the bread so its all soaked up. Bake this at 325 F with a pan of hot water on the lower rack for about 30 minutes, until the top is toasted.

it's delicious!!!!

esp on cold nights.

Also, saw Toby, Jason Moy, and Toby's parents + plus aunt last night. We had Sichuan food(ma la!) it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment