Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

100 deviled eggs!

50 mini BLTs!

For the first time this weekend, we made appetizers for a farewell party. There was going to be about 50 people, so I planned for 50 of each- my first time doing a large quantity!


So I miscalculated and had Timon buy 50 eggs, which meant we had 100 egg halves = 100 deviled eggs. I put the yolk filling in a ziplock bag, and piped it into the eggs- which seems easy, but actually required a lot more handstrength! So Timon worked on that part. Oh well, They all got eaten except for a handful. Some even got leftover bacon bits from the BLTS! yum yum!

I also made peanut butter cookies/cakes, which I didn't take a photo of, since they are just lumpy things. I originally was going to half dip them in chocolate, but the Shanghai heat woulda made them a mess. I made little flags and glued them onto toothpicks, with our friend's name and theme of the party, ("THIS is your LIFE!"

We had a blast, listening to stories and memories, of their long 30 some odd year journey in China- which was amazing. Jia you, Crosbys, and have fun in North Carolina!

No comments:

Post a Comment