Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

blessings at the bus stop




Isn't it annyoing when you are 1 block from the bus stop, and suddenly see your bus take off? You begin to run but stop when you realize there's not way you'll catch it. And its 30 minutes until the next bus comes. And your already late for work.

As this happened to me, I went to another bus stop to try to figure out if another bus went to my office, by matching up the chinese characters on my business card to the characters on the 5 different bus lines (they list all 20+ stops). I was also struggling with the tiny font on my business card- my fault, of course.

The moment I realized this task was near-impossible, a chinese couple next to me said, "Zhe ge Chang de rd & Chang shou rd" (exactly where I wanted to go) and pointed to it on the Bus #13 list of stops. They walked away not even noticing me- an answer to a prayer that had not been said. I was amazed- totally a God watching over me moment. My bus came and I got to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment