Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Goodbye summer, hello fall

>
> Summer flew by, with business trips, trips to the pool, and walk/jog/
> biking around the city.
>
> I started painting again, inspired by all the art I've been seeing-
> the quaintness of Virginia, Layover in Narita, Japan(below image)
> and wonderful galleries here in Shanghai. Having creative friends
> helps too! I had been wanting to make stuff, but never had time or
> materials at hand. I went to the craft-doodad market for work stuff,
> and a friend tagged along to buy beads. Soon the creative juices
> were flowing and we were excitedly designing and planning brilliant
> jewelry pieces and crafts!
>
> Most of which are in a bag under my bed... though I did manage two
> necklaces, which blogger won't let me post?? I will check on it later.
>
> The weather has done its annual flip from dreadful hot to perfect
> October weather, or as my friend says, "Summer in Canada!" (or
> Oregon, or the Bay Area)
>
> During my chinese lesson this weekend, our house helper was working
> and heard me "speaking" Chinese. I read from the book, and translate
> some to english, and then the teacher says a bunch of stuff in
> Mandarin and "Do you understand?" in English, and I grunt/nod. Which
> I feel bad about, considering I could understand what the words
> were, but not fully clear what they meant assembled in sentences.
> The lesson ended, and she's really excited and says, "Xiaojie! I
> didn't know you could speak Chinese so well! I always though you
> didn't understand me when I talked to you in Chinese!" I look at
> her, being so happy, and am thinking "Well I don't understand
> everything..." but say, "Xie xie, Wo bu chi dao zen me shuo ne wo
> juede." (Thank you. I dont' know how to say what I am thinking.)
> Which I'm sure does even equate to my engrish intentions! I have a
> loooooong way to go.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment