Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

cloudy skies


Rainy days. I'm working on a minimalist folding trench coat right now. I combined patterns from a heavy cotton trench and my favorite wrap dress! Its out of a ultra thin lightweight nylon, And I'm planning to put chinese knotted buttons on it- here toggles might normally be. I forgot the pockets *doh* but maybe I won't be needing them anyways! I spent quite a while yesterday figuring out the adjustable elastic in the hood- minimal hardware, and nothing flapping around. I was looking for some leather scraps, but ended up with plastic hooks. The next hardest part will be sealing the seams- with modpodge or something??

Our orange fish jumped out of the tank Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Do French seams, if haven't gotten too far yet. They're the best when one doesn't have a serger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thats what its called! I did french seams, but had no idea there was a term for it, and wasn't even sure if it would work.

      Delete