Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

concert @ Shanghai conservatory

One of our friends is studying composition at the conservatory here in Shanghai. She invited us to hear one of her pieces performed- and what at treat it was! It was an evening full of performances from all the international students, from 10(?) + countries. Some performers, some composers- from classical string quartets to electric guitars, traditional chinese instruments and even some dancing!


Pauline's pieces was soothing, calm and emotionally moving. She played the piano alongside a female vocalist. 

Another piece with a drummer and twins playing traditional instruments. I wish I could've got a photo catching their joy. The twins were full of smiles- they were relaxed and perfectly on beat! Wonderful performers! Wow- I remember my knees shaking when I performed- I enjoy playing at home but an audience is another story- so I really applaud how relaxed they were.


They ended with a piece beginning with the twins on traditional instruments (forgive me, I don't know the names and they kept switching) and then these drummer guys dressed up in uh.... costumes. One guy was asian, one looked white and one looked african. (I'm trying to be descriptive not racist here!) It was awesome! Amazing music- nothing like I had ever heard before.

No comments:

Post a Comment