Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2008

FAQ

Q: How long will you be there?
A: 1 year, as long as I don't get deported.

Q: What are are you doing- exactly..... slave labor painting lead??
A: I'm interning as a toy designer for toymonster.com, right now working on a line of cardboard toys. Included is some graphic design, reading over people's english, etc.

Q: Is it paid??
A: Yes, but we are in china. The company pays for an apt for the interns, and we get a monthly stipend which isn't much in america, but enough here.

Q: Who do you live with? Where?
A: My roomie right now is Jeremiah, a fellow industrial designer from New York. He went to school in georgia, loves to cook, eat, and watch planet earth. We are expecting a third roomate anytime soon. I just hope they speak english. We live close to work now, in Puxi, far off in the "suburbs" as they call it. We're not even on the tourist maps!

Q: Are you taking mandarin classes?
A: Nope.

Q: How in the world do you survive with only english???
A: I wave my arms a lot, carry a chinese/english map in my purse, and use business cards to get everywhere. hahaha I can say most places in mandarin, and give directions.

Q: Did you know anyone there before going?
A. Just Daniel Low, family friend. He intro'd me to a girl in my area, and I started hanging out with her cell group crowd. We also hang out with our fellow interns, a french guy and a tall guy from Bellingham, WA. Our tall friend's family lives here, so we eat dinner with them every now n then, and they help direct us and such.

Q: Are you enjoying yourself?
A: Of course!!!!! Everyday is an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment