Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

new aquisition


[photo credit to Yigeren on flickr]

Not far down the street is this ruin. By this week they have probably managed to build up a wall to cover the rubble. They are tearing down the structures in order to build a park- tearing homes, shops, resturants. When we first moved here, there were shops and resturants at least. Now its rubble. And even as one man is breaking it down, another man is salvaging bricks that are still intact.

Besides all this, my roomate and myself just got bikes, to explore the area, and go work. The saying "it's like riding a bike" does not apply to me. I THOUGHT I knew how to ride a bike, then I'm panicing at the store (like walmart) because I can't balance at ALL. oh how embarassing! My roomie says, "I"m not sure if you should get it," but we live close to work, and the idea of biking thru the stagnant summer air seemed kinda nice. And i'd be getting exercise. Thats a big plus. So i bought a purple bike with hawaiian flowers on it, and we rode around the empty parking lot at work. It was tons harder than I ever remember when I was 6!!!! we biked the long way home avoiding all main streets with motor vehicles. I paniced everytime there was something in front of me (namely people, mailboxes, or both side by side)

We went home and I was exhausted. sore all the next day. Hopefully I'll get better soon, b/c they just changed the bus system so you have to have exact change, and its kinda annoying. Normally you get on the back door and pay the "cashier" type lady, but now its like muni. AND it was so crowded monday i almost got STUCK ON THE BUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment