Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

new levels of absentmindedness

I reached a new low yesterday when we went out for dinner at hongkong plaza at huihai lu. A 20 minute cab ride from home, hongkong plaza is a brightly lit shopping area with a big electronics mart, and lots of places to eat. We ate at a sushi bar, staring at raw fish on rice roll past us on a conveyor belt. It was not my night and I dropped sushi on my lap and then spilled soy sauce all over the table and myself, so my jeans and my tee were stained with soy sauce. My roomie just laughed at me. Then, once dinner ended I stepped down off the high stool, only to look down and see that I was wearing TWO DIFFERENT shoes. One red/brown dunk, and one beige converse. It was ridiculous.

We got onto the sidewalk just hysterical. and I was really bummed with stains on my clothes and two different shoes on. We had plans to got to Sugar, a bar/dessert place. The bar is all black decor, and the dessert parlor is all white decor. When we got up the stairs the waitress was there to welcome us, and of course everything is white and my roomate is just laughing at me b/c my mismatched shoes were ridiculous. That that I'm any type of fashionista, but I had unzipped my coat before leaving the apt to see what color i was wearing to properly match my shoes with my tee. My roomate said, "i'm surprised that you got your left foot on and your right foot on the proper foot!"

haha. So I got ice cream, which came with all these plastic looking threads on top - like a fluffy made of suger bird's nest! I wasnt' quite sure how to eat it, but it was blocking my ice cream. we picked at it, and it was like eating hair. Except it was hard sugar threads. anyways, it was yummmy, and we enjoyed the view of shanghai from the rooftop seating, and hope to go there again with matching shoes. Many other patrons had just got of work and were in business attire. I felt a tad underdressed.


well, back to narnia!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!, thats taking your purposefully mismatched socks to a new level!

    ReplyDelete