Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

attack of the cute

Fing's ladybug doll

Made of wool. $45. And just adorable! 6cm tall, I think. . .




okay, that was the cute. Now onto the practical.



My roomate's friend from design school came to visit us this weekend. He's a shoe designer who comes to china to check out factory stuff in a small village above HK. Anyhow, it was first time in the shang and we took him to all our favorite spots- and the typical touristy ones too.

Fri: Tour of our office, C's
Sat: thai Dinner at Xintandi, french birthday party
Sun: Bund
Mon: Blue frog at xujiahui
Tues: Whisk, chocolate!!!!

Once again I was struck by bad cell phone luck and my Pantech charger died. Mike pulled out this doodad and he got for 5 RMB (60 cents USD) and touted it as his life saver. It holds a AA battery and charges your phone on the spot. Probably one of the few extremely useful cheap things you can buy off the street here in china. At of course we found a man selling them on a stairwell outside a metro stop for 20 RMB. He refused to sell it for 5, and so we left.

I ran around looking for a replacement charger all weekend and ended up with one offer for 480 RMB. no way!!

But I did finally make it over to the depths of Pudong to see my a family friend. I discovered a totally different place with a huge green park full of kites and rollerblades, and the fancy looking technology museum. I'll have to go back there one day, when I'm carrying less stuff.

How is work?

"Kristina. Can you look at this english?"
me: "The shadows are wrong."

Anyhow, it was cool having a visiting designer and soon our living room was covered in shoe prototypes!

And ending with: dragonfruit

No comments:

Post a Comment