Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

Learning at work



Theseyangmei are sold on the street everywhere, by vendors with the long shoulder sticks, and the fruit balanced in baskets in either side. Someone shipped a few boxes to our company, and they arrived in styrofoam coolers, with 2 mini grocery baskets of fruit and a frozen water bottle in the middle. It fit all compactly together. cute. Now my co-workers enjoy sharing their things with me, but I'm a little wary after the chewing tobacco they gave to Jeremiah. And before that was various kinds of snacks/or "candy" >> what actually was dried salted fish slivers (*eh*) and some other chewy semi digestible fruits. One of the coolest things tho was this seed you put into hot water for your throat. it expands like jelly until it fills your cup! its really really cool. Doesn't taste like a lot, but its cool to watch expand over the course of 1 hr, it'll just fill your cup.

The yangmei are a lil tart, but sweet and yummy. I asked my co-worker, "is it good?" and she said, "maybe you died," and I was like, "wha??" and she said, "just try. It very good." And I took one cautious bite, and next thing I know bright red juice is all over my hands. oOo.... like blood, I see. And then she laughed at me, "haha! see, you died!"

Ups n Downs:
-its beginning to be humid, raining often now
-3 more months on my visa
-new roomie from hangzhou/UK
-next wk another new female colleague from Germany will come
-Had a very peaceful monday sipping tea at taikang lu
-had a dinner party thursday night with friends: potato salad, ribs, corn, chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment