Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Camera: image taker, memory keeper



Cameras can do amazing things. (The above pic, we rented a waterproof camera)
People can also do amazing things. (Like be clumsy and break things)



Sigh. My trusty Canon SD450: You have saved me so many times, and record so many important sights and sounds. From taking video at 3am in Korea, to being my breadcrumbs in China, you have helped me get through design school, capture great memories, and help me get home.

I'd take photos of street signs, for streets I liked to shop, pictures of addresses & vegetables in Chinese from my laptop to show people to ask questions, countless maps to refer to later.

My screen got cracked between the wedding and the honeymoon, so we coudln't use the trusty x-shot my mom gave me, sadly. It still takes photos, but, can't use the back screen. Its harder to "sneak" photos now, and I have to really have to gauge myself when it will run out of batteries.

Will be shopping around for a new camera soon. Any recommendations for a convenient point-and-shoot?

No comments:

Post a Comment