Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Honeymoon reflections: Rafting in Bali

One of the most beautiful fun activities in Bali. It was no white water adventure, but the scenary was amazing! Tall mountains beside us covered in greenery, rope bridges, and narrow shady water ways. Ahhh.

This was in our of our package day tours, and so T and I got grouped with a Chinese tour group, some Japanese and a Taiwainese couple. If you look at the far left side of the photo, you can kinda make out the Chinese couple with their matching outfits.

We all had to hike about 20 minutes down to the river, and our guides were inflating the boats behind us. It was a narrow steep path of rough hewn steps (some of those gals were in heels!) and half way down, I began to wonder how the boats were going to get down. Then there's this whizzing sound, and a raft comes flying through the air above our heads on a (clothing) line type thing! It lands in a manmade tiled pool, where the guide unhooks it from the line and then shoves it down this biggie slide which connects to the the loading pool, where we jump it. It was really cool.



Ropes bridges crossed over head, passed fancy resorts, and saw locals doing their thing.


Here's just a taste of the scenary! Green, green, green! We even got to ump out of the boat and just float around for a bit. We'd also pass other tour groups and have water fights and races with them, as needed. One section we near a 8 ft waterfall, where they made us all get out the boat, and let the boat go over, and then we hopped in. This was about when I felt my back really hurting. After we had to begin hiking up back to street level, my back was killing me and I was using my paddle as a walking stick to push myself with my arms up the stairs. woo! What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment