Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Little gifts: Customized

Since we got married just a few days after Christmas, I didn't have a lot to invest into Timon's Christmas present. No handmade scrapbook or Kindle eReader. I gave him a rubber stamp book plate.



T has quite a collection of books, right now two cases full, not including the nightstand pile and all the ones he's lent out. Books about business, China, theology, self-help, and more. We'll be chatting with some friends, and someone will say, "I really pondering [insert deep thought here]," and T will jump up with: "Ooh! I have a book you might like!" And he'll grab the book and scribble his name and phone number in it and hand it to them. He's had this pattern for a quite a while, so I thought it'd be handy to just have a stamp, instead of handwriting in the cover of every book.

When I asked him if he preferred stamp or sticker for his design, he said, "Oh! Am I supposed to have a bookplate made for your too? Wait- what is a book plate?" I'm guessing he thought it was a pre-marrying tradition, or Christmas tradition, or something, but I thought the comment was cute. I did the artwork in illustrator, and then emailed to a company in Malaysia that made it, along with our wedding stamp, and a stamp for my mom.



It was about $5 for the stamp unmounted, from eBay I think they make great gifts. I know when I was little, I loved putting my name on everything!!




I thought I'd also include a snap of some of the hand delivered invites to our friends in China. The envelope looked really empty without a colorful postage stamp, so I doodled one up and added this photoshopped postmark that I found online. That's my designy post of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment