Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

sightings



Today I saw an old man cross a busy street by yelling and threatening cars with an umbrella. There were about 10 of us on the center divide waiting for the 3 lanes of traffic to stop, but this fearless fellow was not losing any time. Some stared in disbelief and concern, and one man chuckled at the old man.

After work, a lady put her very cute puppy in the basket of her bicycle, and proceeded to walk her bike out to the street, and the puppy, with his paws on the handlebars, trying to get out. It was heart warming!

And upon getting to my apt complex, a frenchman came asking around for a certain address, but talking to me in mandarin. I was couldn't decipher his Chinese (mostly my problem, but maybe his too) and then was confounded whether I should respond to him in Mandarin, French, or English. I chose the latter. I think we were both confused.

This weekend Timon's Uncle was in town for a business trip and allowed us to drag him all over the city showing him amazing things! One of our faves was the Urban Planning museum, which has a huge scaled model of the city:



This view shows our area, Zhongshan park. The tall grey building on the left is the Renaissance hotel, and has bright blue lights making it a great navigating point at nighttime.



No comments:

Post a Comment