Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Who is singing??

The city has street sweepers on nearly every block picking up trash, planting flowers, and trimming plants. They all don light blue uniforms with plentiful reflective stripes, and matching hats. Except for one fellow I saw, who had on a sombrero, colorful embroidery and rim flipped up and was happily singing as he went his way! How admirable to have no shame.

My office is on the 17th floor not too much of a commute from street level, but enough to see what people are doing on their roofs. (Laundry and storage, mostly) My desk faces the open window, and in comes the sounds of car horns, squeaky brakes, and singing. Singing? It wasn't just one person either- it was a group, sounding like a choir, maybe on their first day. After 5 minutes, they didn't stop; my curiosity got the best of me as I peered out the window to a hair salon below with 8-10 people in uniform standing in formation, and doing exercises(?) in unison while singing! They didn't look like they were enjoying it, but was kinda a cool way to start your workday, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment