Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

computer-less

What do you do without a computer? Especially if your job relies on it?

Paper. With my dead computer, it meant dead to-do lists. Trapped on the interwebs, only to be accessed through a very small smart phone screen.So I've been spend more time Hand drawing and rendering ideas, making notes, and drafting emails- typing long emails on a smart phone takes a while- its best not to make too many mistakes!

I realized how dependent I was on my computer. How much jibber jabber there was.Now I'm forced to limit myself to urgent emails- no banter! Fortunately, Timon' has a spare semi-working laptop with basic capabilities at home- whew! I can still research product ideas and trends, and edit excel docs.

Something cool that I discovered this week was open source software. Gimp, Inkscape, and Open Office are all free simpler versions of Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft office. Seriously saving me right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment