Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

craft stuff

I experimented with some upcycling jewelry for a friend's group.

Motorbike innertubes are way thicker than bicycle ones. I had sewn bike inner tubes in college, which were really fun smooth and stretchy. T and I were walking back from the gym and saw a bike repair man with his tools sprawled on the sidewalk sitting on a stool. We asked if he had any inner tubes to spare, and he got one and was ready to cut us off a piece- "How much do you want?" he said. T said, the whole thing. The bike man was pretty mystified, but easy going. We received some funny looks from the Bao an (guard) and Police man too. I got home, scrubbed it with a toothbrush in the sink then let it dry.


The inside was whitish- which meant I couldn't use it for earrings, but it was easier to draw my designs on, before cutting.



No comments:

Post a Comment