Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

tunes, tex-mex, and a computer for cooking

For my birthday, my parents sent me an ipod with mandarin and cantonese lessons and some music. This one of the CDs they put on was Vienna Tang//Warm strangers, which is really growing on me. After working a 12 hrs day, I was getting sick hearing british english teaching me mandarin so I started listening to her soft woozy dainty music.

Me and my roomate had tex-mex for dinner in hong mei lu - craving mexican so badly!!!! Its nearly impossible to find sour cream here, among other things. I had shredded beef tacos, and J had enchiladas, even tho he ordered a burrito. It was a pretty cute resturant, styled like a crayola-made house. Super quaint front balcony, bright inviting colors, ENGLISH signs, and was basically like entering someone's kitchen. The front room we ate in was the "family" room. In the corner was a sectioned off play area with toys for kids, plus a kid sized sink next to it. All the tables had brightly woven table clothes, and all the dishware was super colorful! AND they serve rootbeer- amoung a long list of breakfast items, sandwiches, and tex-mex grub. We will definetly be going back there!

We decided to head out for a hair cut as well, and it was the 2nd time in my life that I've ever had my hair cut at a salon. so we got the shampoo/massage/cut package for 50 kwai which is about $7 USD. It was awesome except I didn't know how to communicate what I wanted. . . but it all turned out well in the end.

And check out this interesting article on China's transformation and christianity From Global China center, and I found it pretty intriguing how it compares china today to the states in 1900, as of big industrial boom. I see it everyday-the construction is astoundingly quick. That, and my post office just got demolished and levelled this past week. So.... I'll have to find another one. (They have a pot of paste on their counters and a brush for adhereing stamps)

and one other must-see item: The Honeywell H316, aka Kitchen computer

No comments:

Post a Comment