Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

DIY organizing

I took my ipod nano packaging and turned it into a convienient organizer. I "run out the door" on a regular basis and often forget things. Now, I can put my 'importants' in this pocket by the door, so I never lose my keys, phone, Metro pass, etc.

And then the top part can hold secondary items (sunglasses, ipod, etc)



Basically I just made some "U" shaped cuts, and the lower top section was the foam core flap where the actual ipod bed. It makes for a pretty handy bulletin board.


Speaking of bulletin boards....

My dad made me a magnetic board a while back, but things kept sliding down, until they fell off the board. W/ bulletin boards they are pegged in a bit more securly, AND you can stack multiple sheets. So I turned an old carpet sample board into a bulletin board[see below] It works particularly with this sample, b/c the sampesl had a .125" layer of rubbery stuff, which really holds the pins, versus a more woven rug/carpet sample.


1 comment:

  1. fun! I love these organizational/DIY posts!

    ReplyDelete