Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

cleaning up

Time's not so recent article on how to live on 100 things has brought a challenge to Timon and myself. He's moving into our new apt and I'm ever-so-slowly slimming m belongings down to bring to shanghai in two suitcases.

My rules to get rid of things:
-Things I haven't worn in 2+ years. I have these last few months to work them into my wardrobe, otherwise they are OUT.
-Supplies I haven't used in 2+ years. I have boxes and bags of fabric goodies- I have the next month to use them up before I donate them. So far I've made a LCD monitor cover, 3 gadget bags, a pillow, and a tote. My goal is to make 2 tops, 10 rhinoceroos, use up all my zippers(10+?) and at least 1 more pillow.
-Books: Shanghai stack(limit 10), heirloom stack(kiddies classics), Free for all stack(TAKE IT!), donate(textbks)
-Notebooks and sketchbooks: a toughie! I think i have about 20... part of the kristina history
-I''m allowing myself 2 boxes of "Kristina heirloom" stuff to store my medals, baby artwork, and special sentimental stuff.
-Bags: (Shanghai: 5) Donate the rest.

woo. we'll check back later to see what I turn up with!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should keep your sketchbooks. but that just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good list of things to do ... i should be doing some of that myself!

    ReplyDelete