Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

h e l l o l a s v e g a s



I spent this past weekend in good ol' Las Vegas visiting my cousin Jenn as well as setting for a trade show for Kangarooms. It was a quick trip; worked most of sat working in a NON air conditioned convention hall, hit the UNLV v. Oregon State football game, then went quickly through "The strip" checked out competitors at the trade show and headed home.

It was a great mini vacation from work and wedding stuff. How? I purposely left my laptop at home! Computer free! I'll admit to checking my email twice, to see about my flight stuff and work stuff... anyways had a fun seeing my very first football game. We played ladder golf and ate yummy layered dip while the sun set (what a big sky!) and then sat in plastic seats while I tried to figure out where the ball was. There was a TON of oregon state'rs. Like, hundreds it seemed like!



We also visited the Ethel M. chocolate factory where I learned that chocolate originated as a drink, and when it eventually reached spain, they kept it secret for 100 years before the monks who were making it passed it on to the french, and then the secret was out to all of europe. (And it was still only a beverage at this point)

Ethel M. Was Mr. Mars' mother, and they showed where all the diff "Mars bars" are made, i.e. Snickers are from Tenneesee, etc. I had a classmate in school from sweden who always called candy bars "Mars bars" and in one of his presentations threw them at us. (He was demoing a leg bag for snowboarders, of course) Sorry for that tangent... there was also a neato cactus garden there, all labelled and prickly. As it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment