Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Target run



Leaving for Shanghai in less than 1 week!

Ran to Target to pick up last minute things for building a new life in Shanghai! Meds, carmex, and anti-perspirant for T. Cough, allery, headache, etc. woo! Not that I don't trust Chinese meds, which I've definitely found as a relief, but it's nice when you can actually read the dosages + ailments. Last time I got sick in Shanghai, I drew pictures of noses and symbols for coughing. Their nighttime pills were actually black, which made that one easy for me.

I've got about 15 books to bring over, some relationships, marriagey, family economics. I've got quite a collection of books, including some beloved "concept cars" and other design books which I'm debating whether their are worth their weight to haul to China.



As part of the cleaning/sorting/packing process, I'm recycling my old sketches from school, framing for my new apt, and giving the rest away. The link is here to my picasa album if you are interested in any! I have a ton of monotype prints plus some charcoal drawings. I spent a LOT of time on some of them and well- honestly just hate to trash 'em. Monotype, incase you didn't know is basically "painting" on a sheet of plastic (we call it a "Plate") and then putting the ink side facing paper, roll it through a press. Sometimes the ink squishes, sometimes I would print several layers of ink on one pieces of paper. The fainter ones are called "ghosts" as the second or third "press" of an ink'd plate.



Racking my brain on where my chinese cell phone is. blah.

1 comment:

  1. Nice sketches / prints! Could I get some for my house? I need art. ;)

    I like the one with the red kid's face on the grey background especially...

    ReplyDelete