Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

painting

Hi all,

a painting inspired by beautiful Oregon scenery- a family hike back in 2009.



This was for a gift to T's family, one project I actually finished on time! I'm pretty pleased with the result, though would like to have touched up the left mountain more. I also realized I need to invest into some better lighting. I had a lot of trouble doing the sky- I was working off photo scrap, but get swept up in the optical illusions but from far away I was surprised to find that it works! I'd like to integrate some more geometrical element sin my next pieces... stripes! I love stripes.

For Chinese New years Timon and I headed Stateside, first to Portland, then the Bay Area (including a mini trip to Monterey!) and now I am in NYC for work.

We had a grand time.

1 comment: