Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

NY international gift fair

Went to my first New York International Gift fair today.

Pretty cool, saw lots of Jonathan Adler knocks offs (people copying his patterns and colors for other products like handbags, etc) tons of jewelery, and some awesome, awesome vintage inspired home decor like restoration hardware/pottery barn/gramma's basement/thrift store combined.


Super exhausted because I was walking in heels all day and hauling my computer! There was a showcase of sustainable products, and some awesome designery items in the lobby. I learned today that "Handmade Global design" meant ethnic crafts.


It was pretty well organized, but I would have appreciated more delineation between categories. Apparel was loosely grouped, but there were many stragglers in other areas. It might've been more efficient to have all the jewelry vendors in one hall, instead of spread out everywhere. Same as books, stationary, etc. The home decor hall was one of my favorites, though overall I felt the show was more decorative than functional.... but I guess gifts tend to be that way??

I saw little innovation, but much more of the same goods with different patterns and graphics on them.

sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment