Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A brilliant day!

After being hit by magnificent pollution of new years as well as the holiday eating, I decided it would be good to try a detox or something for a few days. Two of my very knowledgeable comrades told about the benefits of organic foods as well as a vegetable smoothies they have every morning, so... giving it a go!

Today:
-Carrot
-pea pods (stringy)
-spinach
-strawberries
-Banana
-Pineapple
-grapefruit juice
-plain yogurt ( I need the calcium! )


Last night tried broccoli, but it was all gritty and gross.


So far, had 4 smoothies and all of them are delicious. One of my buddies from home did these vegetable shakes every morning, but they were dark green/brown and nasty smelling (and stringy!! ick!) So i'm relieved that these taste yummy so far!

1 comment:

  1. I've done a detox for three weeks. I felt like I was dying when I was doing it. It was strictly vegetables and fruits. no dairy. it was horrible... but I felt fabulous after the weeks were over!!!!

    ReplyDelete