Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

detox diet day 1

Detox = cleaning = good
eating only vegetables = not eating meat and carbs = very hungry

6 fruit/vegetable smoothies later, "lean meat" and granola and I am completely drained of energy.

My neighbor's are doing fireworks right outside my bedroom window, so I don't think I'll be getting to bed anytime soon.

6 smoothies with 6 two hr breaks inbetween:

1. reading
2. email and iming with mom
3. walking at park and geocaching
4. massage
5. clean up and plan for tomorrow
6. sleep!

Questions i found:

Are you satisfied with the life you're leading?
Do you ever feel that it's too late to make a change?
What street are you currently traveling? Where does the road appear to lead?


I am satisfied for the most part, but there's a small fraction that still wants to be stretched and grown towards that idealistic place we all talk about. (You know, waking up AND getting out of bed at alarm, or never being late again...) I don't really think its ever too late to make change, unless its a life/death thing... I mean- ok, so maybe one package when to the mass production with an error, and it'll be too costly to fix in it- but relationship wise, I think people can say sorry and forgive no matter the length of time. I believe there are commitments we must uphold to our families and friends, but there is also a commitment to what is right and true. And sometimes one trumps the other.

The street I am traveling is a little bit gravelly, its very wide- actually so wide that maybe it's not even a street. Its an open plain, empty and uncultivated. It is waiting for seeds to be planted to flourish. Those seed could be flowers, or vegetables, or trees, or weeds. My path is slowly being molded and but still very open. It appears to lead in many directions- too many for me to wan to look at, since I've eyes on only one side of my face. Right now it appears to lead somewhere sunny and bright, though a road less traveled.

No comments:

Post a Comment