Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 3

Had dinner with Timon at the cantonese place at Metro town, and then had my mandarin lesson directly following.

When I got there, the waitress asked if I wanted to sit inside or outside. "Outside" is actually inside the mall, on the walkway connecting to the other shops, and overlooking, the lower 2 floors of shops. I pointed inside(thinking this was an obvious choice), and sat down, and then about 5 minutes later Timon shows up and before he even sits down says, "Hey, how about we eat outside today??" and then I rolled my eyes and said, "Fine, I guess. It smells like fried food.... and its not really outdoors..."

Well we ate there anyhow, and it was nice not to be up against all the other resturant goers. And we could see everyone who came up the escalator. We order squash with garlic and egg noodle with cha siu. Timon said, "order in chinese!" and so then I ordered in cantonese and she didn't understand me, haha. We got mango pudding for dessert, and then parted so I could fry my brian learning mandarin.

She talked to me straight in mandarin and had me meagerly attempt to figure out what she was saying. I kinda caught on, but I don't think I'll remember anything in a few days. (mostly b /c I'm an avid note taker, and she wouldn't let me take notes)

My memory is feeble. Taking notes is my crutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment